Zoom Expands Developer Platform with Launch of Zoom Apps SDK
June 21, 2022
“To meet customer expectations, organizations continue to look for ways to evolve their businesses and scale workflows, which leads to an increased need for developers to have access to develop innovative app capabilities and features," said
"The ability to leverage APIs to enable application integration and innovation is a critical digital transformation need," says
Zoom Apps SDK broadens developer capabilities by:
- Increasing the reach of new applications by tapping into Zoom’s global and diverse audience, listing apps on the
Zoom App Marketplaceand in the Zoom client where apps can be installed even during a Zoom Meeting
- Extending new apps to create collaborative experiences across Zoom Meetings
- Creating engaging experiences for customers both within and outside of Zoom Meetings
With the Zoom Apps SDK, companies are able to create engaging experiences within Zoom Meetings, and in the Zoom desktop window for asynchronous collaboration.
"In this new era of hybrid work, businesses are using more apps than ever to collaborate and get work done from anywhere," said
Getting Started with Zoom Apps SDK
Building with Zoom Apps SDK is simple. Here’s how to get started:
- Build the app: Utilize the Zoom Apps SDK to develop and customize an app.
- Complete the submission checklist: Before submitting an app for review, ensure all items are completed in the Submission Requirements. The checklist covers marketing, privacy, legal, support, and technical information.
- Submit the app for review: All apps submitted for publication undergo a thorough review, including functional and usability testing, and security and compliance review.
- Publish on
App Marketplace: Once published, the app will be available to all users through an embeddable button.
To learn more about the Zoom Apps SDK, please read our blog.
Zoom is for you. Zoom is a space where you can connect to others, share ideas, make plans, and build toward a future limited only by your imagination. Our frictionless communications platform is the only one that started with video as its foundation, and we have set the standard for innovation ever since. That is why we are an intuitive, scalable, and secure choice for large enterprises, small businesses, and individuals alike. Founded in 2011, Zoom is publicly traded (NASDAQ:ZM) and headquartered in
Zoom Public Relations
Developer PR Manager
Source: Zoom Video Communications, Inc.