Play Ball! Major League Baseball and Zoom Announce First-of-its-kind Partnership; Zoom Contact Center to Power ‘Zoom Replay Operations Center’
March 16, 2023
- Zoom becomes Official Unified Communications Platform of MLB and Presenting Partner of MLB Replay Review
- MLB to introduce league-first, broadcast look-ins from the
Zoom Replay Operations Center
- Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Events, and Zoom’s all-in-one collaboration platform will deliver unprecedented transparency to the fans and enhanced communications between front office staff, umpires, and league officials
MLB Chief Operations & Strategy Officer
Zoom Chief Marketing Officer,
Zoom platform integration drives MLB innovations:
- Zoom Contact Center transforms replay review – In the 2022 MLB season, there were more than 1,400 replay reviews. Historically, the league’s replay review was reliant on disparate technology and audio-only communication with umpires on the field, resulting in fans being disconnected from the decision-making process.
Beginning with the 2023 Season, the Crew Chief, the most senior member of the four-man umpire crew, will connect to the
Zoom Replay Operations Centerusing Zoom’s Contact Center solution during any replay review. During national broadcasts on MLB Network and Apple TV+, fans will also see the Zoom Replay Operations Centerin action live during replay reviews and hear from an expert rules analyst who will discuss replay reviews with the broadcast team. MLB’s goal with this new setup is to create a more transparent and engaging review process.
- Zoom Platform helps streamline communication – Zoom will be used to securely deliver sensitive information in one of the most high-pressure and high-profile MLB Events,
Day Oneof the 2023 MLB Draft.
- Broader league-wide Zoom integrations advance collaboration – Zoom’s all-in-one collaboration platform is integrated across several MLB clubs, platforms, and broadcast outlets. In addition to Zoom Meetings, many MLB teams are using Zoom Phone to stay connected with colleagues and customers, as well as Zoom Contact Center to deliver prompt, accurate, and highly personalized customer experiences to their fans. MLB’s corporate offices use Zoom Meetings, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Phone, and Zoom Webinar to connect, collaborate, and communicate.
To learn more about the Zoom platform and the technology that will power several new elements in MLB starting in the 2023 season, read the blog here.
Zoom is an all-in-one intelligent collaboration platform that makes connecting easier, more immersive, and more dynamic for businesses and individuals. Zoom technology puts people at the center, enabling meaningful connections, facilitating modern collaboration, and driving human innovation through solutions like team chat, phone, meetings, omnichannel cloud contact center, smart recordings, whiteboard, and more, in one offering. Founded in 2011, Zoom is publicly traded (NASDAQ:ZM) and headquartered in
Zoom Public Relations
Zoom Video Communications, Inc.